Keep Your Limbs to Yourself!
June 15, 2011 by Steve Woodruff
Every day, 225 diabetics will undergo a lower limb amputation. That’s the equivalent of a 747 full of passengers crashing every day. Of those 225, 30% will require a second amputation within three years and 50% of those 225 will die within five years of that first amputation.
Yet, it seems like no one is blogging about this silent killer — Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy (DPN). Of all diabetes complications, foot disease is the leading cause of hospitalization.
Join the folks from Pam Labs (disclosure: client of a friend) on Tuesday June 28th at 8pm ET in an exclusive, invite only 20-minute webinar where DPN will be discussed:
• DPN: Exactly how big is the problem? The stats, the facts, and a few key infographics
• Challenges and Unmet Needs of DPN sufferers
• Signs / Symptoms and Clinical Impact
• Current Therapeutic Strategies
• Introduction to an Emerging Therapeutic Approach