Live blogging the eXL Digital Pharma conference, from Princeton, NJ. This second day will focus on the Regulatory environment.
Mark Senak, Pharma Blogger EyeonFDA: Strategic Considerations in Crisis Response in an Era of Social Media.
– There have always been “new” and emerging media (TV, etc.)
– Today’s crises not like your father’s crises. Totally new communications and distribution methods.
– Bloggers beginning to take a far higher profile space in the information chain.
– Digital media getting integrated/inter-linked, with very rapid uptake.
Need for Speed. How to develop systems that will keep you in touch?
– Speaker/blogger talking about how a bad speaker caused the audience to Twitter about her talk – as I live-blog his talk. But he’s pretty good.
– Going from broadcasting to niche-casting. From talking to, to talking with people.
– Setting up an early-warning system via social media to catch news and respond. Tools like Facebook lexicon, and Tweetscan (tracks Twitter).
– You don’t have weeks to do damage control.
::Don’t cross the line. THERE ARE NO SECRETS! And, do not fail to act…
(this was a very good session)