I just received, from the SPBT folks, the consolidated feedback from the Vendor Selection workshop (“Right-Sourcing” 101) co-facilitated by Angela Nicoletta and me at the Society of Pharmaceutical and Biotech Trainers conference in late spring.
There were no Russian judges, no perfect “10”s awarded, and we didn’t get to ascend the trainer’s podium for a gold medal. But it looks like we scored all right with the audience, and that’s what matters.
Is it OK to share this? I guess probably so; but if not, then I’ll ask forgiveness later!
Session: Vendor Selection: “Right-Sourcing” 101
- Presenter’s Expertise: 3.74 (average for all sessions was 3.49)
Presenter’s Delivery: 3.58 (average for all sessions was 3.40)
Presenter’s Preparedness: 3.68 (average for all sessions was 3.53)
Overall Content: 3.53 (average for all sessions was 3.27)
Quality/Usefulness of Handouts: 3.58 (average for all sessions was 3.14)
Overall Value of the Workshop: 3.68 (average for all sessions was 3.25)
Note: The scale is: 1-poor 2-good 3-very good 4-excellent
Some of the positive comments were:
- – As an industry partner, I enjoyed getting the information/mindset of the ‘inside the walls’ person
– Class participation on best practices
– Excellent 10 steps
– Good thought starters
– I have no experience as a lead manager so this was very helpful spelling out the RFP/RFI process
– Real-life examples were provided
– Sample RFP outline; points to make sure to include
– I am new to vendor sourcing and needed this
– Thorough and logical; good real world examples included
On the constructive criticism side, the input focused on “not enough time.” That was definitely the case – we had a lot of material and could not shoehorn it all into 1.5 hours. But I guess that’s OK compared to the opposite problem!
I don’t have written reviews from those who attended the lunch-and-learn version that I’ve subsequently delivered to specific training departments, but I know the sessions were very well received. Contact us here (stevew(at)impactiviti.com) if you’d like to schedule a session for your team on Vendor Selection.