I have a vendor/partner who is looking for an experienced, highly reputable Account Manager to help grow business in existing pharmaceutical client (training/communications) accounts.
This is mainly an “outside” account manager position – you’re spending lots of time in the client space growing existing relationships, making new contacts, and facilitating communications and service. It is not a project manager position, nor is it a sales (go out and hunt for new accounts) role.
The successful candidate already has a history of successfully doing this kind of work. You have a proven track record of satisfying clients and deepening/broadening business relationships with commercial pharma clients. You work independently and know how to manage time, tasks, and relationships with minimal supervision.
Description & Details
The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for managing active client business, mainly in the realms of sales training and internal communication programs for pharmaceutical and biotech clients. The successful AM will serve as key client communications interface for new business and overall customer satisfaction. Strategic thinking, knowledge of life sciences training methodology and a proactive, outgoing, and ethical disposition are indispensable. The successful AM is expected to identify new business opportunities with assigned clients and assist in the preparation and response to Requests for Proposal (RFP’s). The AM is responsible for growing the business footprint within existing clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and maintain productive business relationships with clients at assigned accounts
- Collaborate with clients to develop strategic solutions to meet client training and communication objectives
- Identify and secure new business with current clients
- Contribute to the creative process for the development of proposals and training designs
- Collaborate with internal project managers to ensure client satisfaction with ongoing work
- Work closely with company executive management in nurturing new business growth opportunities
- College Degree
- Minimum 4 years experience account management experience (on the vendor/supplier side, working to serve commercial pharma/biotech clients)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically to meet client business needs
- Strong organization skills
- Understanding of pharmaceutical industry and related healthcare businesses
- Knowledge of the science of training, adult learning principles, and blended learning methods as applied to pharmaceutical and biotech sales force training is preferred.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team, but also a proven ability to work independently
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Basic Computer/Productivity software skills a must; knowledge of internet and digital products is preferred
- Professional and positive demeanor
- Candidate will already be located in the CT-NY-NJ-PA corridor (NJ/Philly area is ideal)
Disqualifiers (the Do Not Apply section): You don’t currently, or haven’t previously, worked on the vendor/agency side serving pharma clients. You think the term “pro-active” refers only to some kind of skin cream. You’ve never worked in a fast-moving and entrepreneurial environment. You don’t like people. You live in northwest Wisconsin and once took antibiotics so that must be close enough.
How to apply: E-mail your resume and a cover letter to jobs(at)impactiviti.com. Do not make phone calls to follow-up, or send e-mails regarding status. You will be contacted if you are under active consideration.
(P.S. – those in the Impactiviti “Inner Circle” who know of potentially great candidates are welcome to contact me directly)